- September 23, 2015
5:00 pm - 8:00 pm
- Social Hour / Mfg Tabletops – 6pm
- Dinner : 6:30pm
- Speaker Presentation : 7pm – 8pm
“Lighting Design Considering the Impacts of Light Pollution”
Description: Mitigating the negative effects of excessive lighting in our environment is critical to human health and impacts on other species, sustainable energy and water quality. This presentation looks at how landscape architects, landscape designers and lighting designers can alter light pollution crisis, creating a beneficially lit environment.
- Describe the terms and definitions associated with outdoor lighting and light pollution.
- Identify light pollution threats: obvious (views, property rights) and less obvious (health, energy, water quality).
- Learn basic lighting design techniques
- Compare and analyze strategies to minimize light pollution without reducing exterior light quality or health, safety and welfare.
- Identify the Model Lighting Ordinance and how it could affect future lighting designs.
Biography: Yvonne English
Yvonne English, registered landscape architect, landscape contractor, and LEED AP, is the founding principle of Legends Design Studio. Her multiple roles grant her hands-on experience in all facets of landscape design project development, including preliminary design, site planning, planting, irrigation, lighting and water feature design, construction drawings and specifications, construction support and LEED-sensitive design.
In 1995, Yvonne began training as a lighting designer with Bill Locklin, the founder of Nightscaping. Her abilities expanded as she attended several workshops presented by Janet Moyer, the renowned expert of landscape lighting. Yvonne never forgot the knowledge gained from Janet’s wisdom and attended Janet’s 5-day professional Landscape Lighting Institute in New York. Her construction company, Legends in Landscape, has designed and installed lighting systems for the past 20 years.
Venue Phone: (949) 727-0555Address: