- May 30, 2017 - August 1, 2017
5:30 pm - 8:30 pm
FUNDAMENTALS OF LIGHTING (FOL) 2017
This comprehensive seven-module program is divided into nine–sessions over 10 weeks. It will provide enough depth
for basic understanding while attempting to cover the most significant areas within the field of study. It is designed to
provide sound lighting knowledge in an easy to understand fashion. FOL offers a great opportunity for those entering the
lighting industry as interior designers, lighting designers, engineers, sales agents, manufacturers, retrofitters, or electrical
contractors. As a refresher course in lighting, there is no equal for those seeking to enhance their careers and personal
growth. Space is limited, please reserve your seat ASAP.
TUESDAYS 5:30pm-8:30pm, beginning May 31, 2017 and ending August 01, 2017.
The Center Light & Technology
3340 East La Palma Ave
Anaheim, California 92806
$225 for IES Members, $275 for Non-IES Members. Fee includes text and other materials.
Must have registration form and payment in by May 19, 2016 close of business or a $25 surcharge will apply. Late Registrants are not guaranteed a book on the first day of class.
A certificate of Completion will be given to each attendee at the next IES monthly meeting. Please note that if more than
two classes are missed, certificates cannot be awarded.
· 05/30/17 History, Professional Practice, Physics, Vision, Color, Light & Health
· 06/06/17 Electric Light Sources and Auxiliary Devices
· 06/13/17 Daylighting
· 06/20/17 Luminaires and Lighting Controls
· 06/27/17 Lighting Metrics, Photometry Calculations, & Rendering
· 07/04/17 4th of July – NO CLASS
· 07/11/17 Codes & Standards, Economics
· 07/18/17 Lighting Design Process and Techniques, Sustainability & Commissioning
· 07/25/17 Lighting for Interiors
· 08/01/17 Lighting for Exteriors